Before I start this post, I just want to say I’m so sorry for the lack of posting this month, January has been super busy, but I’ve got a monthly favourites coming on Wednesday, so I’m looking forward to sharing them with you all!
January has been full of highs and lows, and it’s honestly felt like the longest month ever. But thankfully, there’s been some really good days, and I’ve also managed to reach some of my goals, so they outweigh the lows, so I’m going to just focus on the highlights.
I succeeded in getting a full time job!
This news felt like the biggest weight lifted off my shoulders! As much as I absolutely loved working as an SNA part time, and loved the people I worked with, I’m so excited about this new job! I start tomorrow, so the nerves are getting to me today, but I’m so looking forward to not having to stress about money, and just looking forward to feeling like my days are way more productive. The exciting part is that it’s in little miss’s pre-school, so it’s safe to say we’re taking “glued at the hip” to a whole other level, ha! I can’t wait to see what this new chapter will bring.
I’ve started properly making the effort to work on my fitness. I’ve gone from just going on walks, to pushing myself to actually give my body a proper work out. I haven’t gotten as far as joining the gym, but I’ve started a home workout. I’ve also started to eat a lot more fruit and make salads for lunch, and I’ve actually enjoyed them a lot more than the usual sandwich, and I’ve been feeling way less bloated not eating as much bread, and I’ve already seen a difference, in less than 2 weeks I’ve lost almost half a stone, and being able to handle the harder excercise, and for a little bit longer each time, yaaas! Not quite sure if this will help anyone else, but buying a workout outfit and putting it on as soon as I felt the motivation, before it went out of my head, made me want to workout. For loosing 5 pound in my first week I treated myself to another workout outfit so I feel so determined to keep it up.
I visited Cork again for the weekend, I feel like I say that in nearly every blog post at this stage, oooops! I really enjoy visiting there, I feel like the friends I have/have made down there have become definite friends for life! Anyway, we had one of the best nights in a long time celebrating our friend’s engagement. It was a great party, and an unplanned after party with the best people was so much fun, so happy for one of the nicest couple I’ve ever met!
- Reach 200 blog followers
- Reach a stone of weight loss (almost halfway there, I can do this!)
- Make the best first impression I possibly can in the first month in my new job (no better motivation than a good start. The main thing is to show confidence and belief in myself)
- Continue working out 2-3 times a week, more if possible
- Become more active on the blog and social media (I need to stop saying this and actually do it)
- Work on my blog photos (invest in some props)
- Become self hosted
- Give my blog a new look (so excited about this one, a personalised design is coming, hopefully by the end of February, yay!)
- Get myself a planner (working full time now, I need to start getting organised, especially with blogging, and get in the habit of writing things down and making “to do” lists)
I hope January was a good month for you all too, let me know your highlights, and your goals for February. Fingers crossed it’s a much better month, upwards and onwards.
Thanks for reading, see you on Wednesday lovelies!