Goodbye November… man I’ve been so looking forward to saying that.
November has been crazy busy, and with Christmas just around the corner, I can only imagine December is going to be even busier! It’s been a hard month as this month marked the first anniversary of loosing someone very special to me, my grandad. December also marks the first anniversary of my other grandad also, so as you can imagine, Christmas was not so exciting last year. I don’t mean to start this post off on a downer, but I felt like I needed to mention it because those two people were very close to my heart.
I also wanted to mention it because this month I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. I had it in my head that “oh I’m going to get blog posts organised and have a post up every day in December for Blogmas”, but I quickly realised I was jumping ahead of myself. I was really surprised that when I put a poll out there on twitter, that readers answered that they would actually prefer 2-3 posts a week, rather than every day for Blogmas. So your wish is my command lovelies, I’m so excited to have my first one out next weekend!
On a much lighter note, the 2 main goals I’ve reached this month are that I’ve managed to maintain my weight this month, and I’ve learned that even though I haven’t lost any weight, it’s not the end of the world, I’m okay with it.
There’s also now over 100 of you readers, and I can’t even get my head around that you guys enjoy reading my posts, it means so much, thank youuu. It’s been the boost I so badly needed this month. Yes, I did have a Beyoncé moment when I got this notification…. yaaaas!
Another month, another chance to achieve your goals. I’m going to be brutally honest and say that a lot of December’s goals are pretty much the same as November’s goals as I decided to take a little bit of a much needed step back from blogging and social media. I probably seem like the worst blogger right now, but we all need that break sometimes.
So basically my main goal is to come back stronger after that little slip, and achieve those goals this month. I feel like this post is a little bit of a weight off my shoulders and now that it’s done and out of the way, it’s time to start getting in the festive spirit. I’m so excited to share festive posts and read all of your festive posts. I want to leave November in the past and make December a much better month, and end 2016 on a positive note.
Some more goals and some activities I want to do during December that I hope will make the month productive and a fun, festive-filled month are….
- Visit some Christmas markets
- Go ice skating (for the first time in years, let’s hope I don’t break my neck!)
- Vlog for the first time ever, exciting!
- Make sure I’m home this year for decorating and putting up the Christmas tree (mum done it while I was in work last year, as nice as it was to come home to, it didn’t feel right not being there for it)
- Post 2-3 Blogmas posts a week, I’ve been so so excited about participating so I’m not going to let November hold me back, I’m really determined to try
- Have as much precious family time and fun festive activities as possible, we often take so for granted how important family time is, so make the most of it while you still can
- Create some personalised DIY gifts and decorations
- Attempt the 12 pubs of Christmas (this can only end one way… that’s the fun of being Irish)
- Gather as many family and friends as possible and spend a festive day Christmas shopping
Not my best blog post, I know, but I hope you all enjoyed reading. What are your plans and goals for December? I could use some positivity and inspiration. I hope you all enjoy my upcoming Blogmas posts, I’m so excited to read all of yours! It’s the last month of 2016 and the best time of the year, so I hope you all have an amazing December.